POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YARSOCP : Re: YARSOCP Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YARSOCP
From: Tek
Date: 17 Apr 2007 07:41:53
Message: <4624b281$1@news.povray.org>
The texture's just pov's granite. I almost never use image maps (apart from
the HDR probe!).

Here's the code for the white tiles (the black ones are very similar)

pigment {
 pigment_pattern { granite colour_map { [0 rgb 1][1 rgb 0] } }
 poly_wave 8
 scale <1,2,2> rotate -60*y
 colour_map { [0 rgb .5][1 rgb 0] }
}

It's helped a lot by having a reflective sheen with a slightly bumpy normal.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com